Thinking about buying a business and becoming a first time commercial owner in Florida? Look no further than Reinfeld & Cabrera, P.A. as we have put together a quick guide of basic advice and information that you will need when buying a business and becoming a first time commercial owner in Florida.
The Florida Business Corporation Act (FBCA) is massive legal ‘instruction manual’ that many first time commercial business owners in Florida find confusing at best. Add to this the Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX), and buying a business and becoming a first time commercial owner begins to look more than overwhelming.
To put your mind at ease leave the complicated legal jargon to professionals like Reinfeld & Cabrera, P.A. and take a look at the top tips that many first time commercial business owners in Florida wish they had known before buying a business.
- Select and prioritize: Managing multiple business enterprises at once will inhibit your effectiveness and productivity. Focus on one thing, perfect it, and build on that.
- Do what you love: A business developed around something that you are personally interested in will stand a greater chance of success. Maximize on your strengths and talents. You will shine.
- Be concise in your pitch: Always be ready to pitch your business. However keep it to the point and remember less is more.
- Do not be a know-it-all: Know where your knowledge lacks and revert to advisors and mentors who will fill in the gaps and assist you in becoming a better businessman.
- Be frugal: Learn to manage your cash flow effectively. Consult with mentors and advisors. Make sure you have a handle on your expenses and income.
- There is no such thing as the perfect plan: Making mistakes are all part of the adventure. The ability to learn from your mistakes is what will mould you into a successful businessman.
- Know when it’s time to quit: If your business doesn’t work out don’t panic. Reflect on the pitfalls and mistakes and use them to guide you in your next business venture. Just remember failure is to be expected, but a true entrepreneur will overcome hardship.
While this is not a definitive list of advice, these are 7 tips to get you started.
With all the legal protocol surrounding buying a business and becoming a first time commercial owner in Florida, it is essential that you choose attorneys who will look after the best interests of you and your new business while providing your company with outstanding representation in the commercial world. Choosing attorneys, such as Reinfeld & Cabrera, P.A. allows you the peace of mind to focus on the things that have inspired you in buying a business and becoming a first time commercial owner in Florida.